'Thanks! I love this product because I am always on the go. Now I can fill out my forms using my laptop. My docs look so neat. Much better than handwritten.'
Encrypt PDF Online For Free
- UPLOAD YOUR
DOCUMENT how to password protect a pdf
- TYPE ANYWHERE
OR SIGN YOUR FORM
- PRINT, EMAIL, FAX,
- TRY IT
RIGHT NOW! protect pdf password
Every now and then we hear that someone got into somebody’s mailbox, hacked into a database or stole private account information. Any user of this or that cloud storage can pose a perfectly valid question: ‘Are my documents safe?’ or ‘What measures can I take to protect my sensitive information?’
Our answer to the first question is unconditionally affirmative, and if this is not enough, you can additionally protect your documents with two-factor authentication in your Encrypted folder.
To activate the Encrypted folder, select it in MYBOX and enter your cell phone number.
You will immediately receive an activation code via text message. Enter the activation code and click Verify to create a password.
Create and confirm your password to open the folder.
To add documents to the Encrypted folder, drag them from any other folder. After you’ve finished working with your protected documents, close the Encrypted folder by clicking the key icon. It will also automatically lock after 10 minutes of inactivity.
To access the documents in the Encrypted folder, you will have to enter your password again.
To learn more about how to encrypt PDF documents online, please watch the following video:
If you like being able to encrypt PDFs online, you might be interested in a range of other great features that PDFfiller has to offer. Some of these include tracking all activities in your account, creating a unique document ID for any document, creating templates, converting PDF documents to Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents. Check out these tutorials to see the other great things that PDFfiller can do for you.
What our customers say about PDFfiller
'PDFfiller replaced a scanner, a fax machine, and a filing cabinet. My office is on its way to paperless bliss.'
'I love filling out IRS forms online with PDFfiller. I recommend this product for any business.'
General Questions about Encrypting PDF Online
Video: Tutorial - How to Use the Encrypted Folder in PDFfiller
Video: Tutorial - Fill, Edit and Sign Your PDF Document Online Using PDFfiller
Video: How to Move and Resize Content on PDFfiller
Video: How to Add Blanks Pages into Documents Using PDFfiller
Video: How to Add & Adjust Checkmarks, Circles & X's Using PDFfiller
Video: How to Merge PDF Documents Using PDFfiller
Video: How to Align Text in PDFfiller Online Editor
Video: How to Adjust the Font in PDFfiller Online Editor
Video: How to Rearrange, Rotate and Delete Pages in the PDFfiller Online Editor
Video: How to Erase & Whiteout Text in PDF Documents Online Using PDFfiller
Video: How to Draw on a PDF Document Online Using PDFfiller
Video: How to Highlight Content in a PDF Document Online Using PDFfiller
Video: How to Make the Fill Bar Transparent in the PDFfiller Editor
Can I upload a PDF document from my computer?
Yes. PDFfiller.com allows you to upload PDF direct from your computer. You can also choose to email the PDF into your account or upload the document using a URL.
Can I upload a scanned PDF?
Yes. You can upload a scanned PDF as long it in one of PDFfiller.com supported file formats. PDFfiller.com currently supports: .pdf, .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, and .txt.
How do I fill out PDF document or form?
To fill out a scanned document, begin by de-selecting the current function you are using or just simply click anywhere on the document and begin to type. You can then drag and move the text to your desired location.
Can I password protect my documents?
While you cannot password protect individual documents, the Encrypted Folder allows you to password protect its contents.
- How can I encrypt my document in PDFfillerIt's easy to encrypt your documents using the encrypted folder function of PDFfiller. Go to "MyBox" and click the "Encrypt" button, then input your cell phone number to receive the activation code. After verifying the activation code, you can set your own password to access the encrypted folder. To keep your encrypted folder locked, move the mouse cursor to the "Encrypted" button, then click the key shaped button to lock your folder. You can open your folder again after inputting your password. You can create a new pdf document or move any document from other folders into the encrypted folder.
- What is the Encrypted Folder?The Encrypted Folder, located in My Forms, is a folder that is secured with a unique password. This password is required to access the folder and its contents.
- How do I activate my Encrypted Folder?To activate, click Encrypted Folder in My Forms, enter your mobile phone number, and then enter the activation code you receive via text message. Then, simply create and confirm your unique password.
- I did not receive my Encrypted Folder activation code.If you did not receive an activation code, click "Send the code again" at the bottom of the activation popup, and make sure your mobile phone number is entered correctly. Please keep in mind that the text message may take a few minutes to arrive.
- What if I forget my Encrypted Folder password?To reset your Encrypted Folder password, click "Forgot your password?" at the bottom of the Encrypted Folder login popup. You'll be brought back to the authentication screen and asked to enter your mobile phone number again.
- How do I lock my Encrypted Folder?Your encrypted folder will automatically lock after 10 minutes of inactivity, 30 minutes of editing a document, or if you close PDFfiller in your browser. You can also click the key icon on the Encrypted Folder tab in My Forms.
- Do I have to use my PDFfiller password for the Encrypted Folder?Your Encrypted Folder password is created separately from your PDFfiller password. For security purposes we do not recommend using the same password for both PDFfiller and your Encrypted Folder.
- Can I access my encrypted folder in the PDFfiller app?The Encrypted Folder is accessible in the PDFfiller app, however it is currently NOT password protected.
- How do I create a document in the encrypted folder?Click the "Encrypted" button, input your password, and click "Add New Form."
- How do I move my document to the encrypted folder in PDFfiller?Once you activate the encrypted folder in PDFfiller, you can move any documents into it from other folders in PDFfiller. Tick the document you want to encrypt in the check box first, then move the mouse to the "Encrypted" button and click the "Move to Folder" button that appears. The other way is to drag the document that has been chosen directly to the encrypted folder. To access this document in the encrypted folder, click "Encrypted" again and input your password.
- How do I move my document out of the encrypted folder?To move any document out of the encrypted folder, choose the document in the check box, then move the mouse cursor to your destination folder, and click the "Move to Folder" button. The other way is to drag the document that has been chosen directly out of the encrypted folder and put it into other folders.
- How do I access my PDF documents?Your documents are accessible anytime from anywhere using any device connected to the internet. You can use a computer, smartphone, tablet, etc. Simply Login and go to "My Forms" page to Fill, Edit, Sign, Share, Print, and Fax or do anything else with the documents in your account.
- How can I encrypt my document in PDFfiller